March 09, 2018

Adulting

Sometimes I used to reflect on life
And about living this life out.
But mostly, I was just existing,
Loving the ability to "not think"

Sometimes I used to think about life,
And sometimes it used to thrill me.
Rarely it was bleak or scary,
But mostly it was just normal, I guess.

Sometimes I used think about family and friends,
One big love gained and some love lost.
But mostly I'd just sit, lost in my thoughts,
Or focussed enough to lose track of time.

Sometimes I used to let myself be available,
And tried not be so self-absorbed.
But mostly, I just thought random things
Things that were neither about me nor about someone else.

Sometimes I thought about others' lives,
and heard their problems out.
But mostly, I'm used to just solving things.
And that's really all I did when I heard.

But of late, I've woken up to the strains of living,
The difficulties that could have been mine.
I am told the colourful and beautiful stories of past
But somehow, I also see the horrors that would have been.

I can't unsee the "could have beens" anymore.
I can't not care now.
So, I guess my floodgates are truly open.
I can't just "not think" now.

No comments: