June 11, 2011

The ripple, the tide and the tsunami.

Once, I was taking a helicopter ride from one island to another in the Andamans. It was picturesque, certainly! And I was at awe, just gaping at the beauty of nature. And then suddenly, into the calm ocean, my friend dropped a pebble. It made ripples in the calm, so beautiful in the blue. And at that moment, a thought struck me, I learnt a lesson, a very cherishable one. I call it "The ripple, the tide and the tsunami".



I learnt to be like the ocean, a body of support for countless lives. And I aspire to become bigger everyday, vast and endless. But that's just the surface of it, I also want to be deep and resourceful, and be calm


I must be able to emote like the ocean, I feel..


I should be able to be the ripples of beauty and calmness, even when someone throws a stone at me.


I should be as persistent as the tides that slash the shore day and night. I should never stop, never cease to pursue.


I should have the potential to become a Tsunami and tell people that though I'm calm, I shouldn't be taken for granted.


And thinking that, we had reached our destination. An island surrounded by the ocean, devastated by the tsunami years ago, but still thriving, thanks to the sea! The sea that lives and the sea that makes others live. A sea both powerful and pacific.


It's a thought worth sharing, right? :)




4 comments:

Jug said...

Nice post da. I really like your blog

Deepak Valagam said...

Thanks da Jug :)

Anonymous said...

Wow!

manasa said...

so true..
I should have the potential to become a Tsunami and tell people that though I'm calm, I shouldn't be taken for granted.